As a leader in landscape water conservation practices in San Diego since 1975, our staff at Pacific Properties Service continues to save clients money on their water bills. We specialize in assisting our clients with rebate programs that replace turfgrass with drought tolerant shrubs. We handle all the program paperwork, forms, design requirements, meetings, and inspections with the rebate program representatives.
Board of Directors at HOAs and commercial property managers turn to Pacific Properties Service for water-saving solutions in the maintenance of their landscapes. By following basic principles of water-wise landscaping, our water management specialists assist our clients in solving over-watering issues. Some of our management principles are:
– Limit non-functional turf. Non-recreational areas can be converted to either a) drought tolerant shrubs and mulch, or b) synthetic turfgrass.
– Install the proper irrigation, and do not over water. Make sure that conventional sprinklers are used for turf, while low-volume irrigation, such as drip, is used for trees, shrubs and perennials.
– Minimize water runoff with drip irrigation.
– Use smart controllers.
– Improve the texture of the soil by adding amendments. Amendments can increase water retention and improve drainage, depending on the soil composition.
–Use a two inch layer of mulch around trees and shrubs to help the soil retain moisture. Mulching of the planter beds also inhibits weeds.
– Plant trees to lower the air and soil temperatures, thereby reducing plant and soil moisture loss. – Use low, spreading shrubs and trees to cover large slopes rather than shallow-rooted groundcovers.
By following the above water management policies, Pacific Properties Service maintains beautiful landscapes and, at the same time, conserve water.
· Irrigation Design & Installation
· Irrigation System Maintenance
· Smart Clock Installation
· Water Management Services